Healthier calves thanks to pasteurised milk
Studies and practical experience show that calves grow better when they are fed with whole milk. In relation to the dry
matter, the protein content is approx. 28 % and fat approx.
30 %. Corresponding powdered milk replacers are not usually
available on the market. Yet fresh cows milk contains bacteria that can be dangerous and are suspected of causing
diarrhoea in calves or mastitis later in cows. Pasteurising can destroy up to 99.5 % of the bacteria and thus turn contaminated milk into a high-quality food. You can find more detailed information in the specialist article
included later in this calf handbook.
The pasteurising method used by the MilkTaxi is known as “batch pasteurising”. It is extremely suitable for pasteurising quantities of up to 250 l milk. If larger quantities are required, the technology reaches its limits. In such cases, the so-called “HTST method” (high-temperature-short-time method, pasteurising at 73 °C for 15 seconds) has proved itself in fl ow-type pasteurisers. Milk is pasteurising continuously, the runtime is determined by the quantity available.
See the next page for details of how the MiniFlash pasteuriser
can be integrated perfectly in farm processes and works
with optimum energy efficiency.
Integrated raw milk tank
Integration in automatic milking systems
Energy-effi cient HTST system
Feeding with MilkTaxi or calf feeder
Cleaning and hygiene
- HTST flow-type pasteuriser with efficient plate heat exchangers.
- Storage tank for raw milk 150 l or 300 l with cooling and agitator.
- Digital control with control display (temperature curves etc.)
- Up to 3 pasteurising times can be programmed
- Automatic cleaning with alkaline and acid cleaning
- Complete stainless steel structure
- Simple installation
- Ideal supplement to automatic milking systems